- Billing unit (BU): A unit used for billing at CSC - each resource consumes a given amount of BUs per hour.
- CSC computing project: A placeholder for the user's resources information - including: the number of BUs and the CSC services which are available for use.
- OpenShift project: A Kubernetes namespace with additional annotations.
NOTE: Using Rahti does not consume CSC Billing Units yet as these calculations are not in effect. The aim of this document is to inform our users on what to expect in terms of cost of resources.
Billing units are calculated by scraping usage data from all of the OpenShift projects owned by the user. These calculations are based on:
- Pod core usage (per core hour)
- Pod memory usage (per RAM GB hour)
- Persistent volumes (per TiB hour)
The rate at which billing units are consumed depends on the size of the resources. Billing units are consumed as follows:
|Pod core hour||0,5|
|Pod RAM GB hour||1|
|Storage TiB hour||3|
For example, let's say you create a pod with the following specs:
- 0.2 cores
- 512 MiB RAM
You also create a persistent volume of size 10 GiB and attach it to the pod. The cost in BUs can be calculated as follows:
0.20.5 + (512/1024)1 + (10/1024)*3 = 0,6293 BUs